According to the February 2018 Williamson County Housing Market Report, the median home price for all residential properties was $273,622, an increase of 2.3% when compared to February 2017. The median price in Williamson County is hovering about $21,000 less than the Austin MSA Median Price of $294,163.
Based on the numbers in the Housing Report, 28.2% of the listings reported in the MLS were new construction. Furthermore, the numbers demonstrate that the new home construction market in Williamson County is a different type of market than the resale market.
Furthermore, the new construction market is showing a median price of $323,499, 26.7% more than the median price for existing homes sales ($255,000) in January. Currently, there are 944 active new construction listings reported across Williamson County, compared to 765 existing home listings.
Williamson County’s monthly housing inventory is increasing (when compared year-over-year). In February, Williamson County had a total of 2.0 months of inventory and an 6.5% increase of listings compared to last January. Based on these numbers, Williamson County is still in a strong seller’s market; the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University cites that 6.5 months of inventory represents a market in which supply and demand for homes is balanced. Even though the number of listings and the total days on market have increased, it has not greatly affected the market conditions.
During February, existing homes spent an average of 55 days on the market, as compared to a new construction home which averaged 109 days on the market.
Quick Stats for February 2018 – All Residential Properties
- 728– Homes sold, 13.4 percent more than February 2017.
- $273,622 – Median price for homes, 2.3 percent more than February 2017.
- 2.0 – Monthly housing inventory in February 2018.
- 1,824 Active home listings on the market in February 2018.
Quick Stats for February 2018 –Existing Home Properties
- 523 – Homes sold, 8.7 percent more than February 2017.
- $255,000 – Median price for homes, a flat change from February 2017.
- 1.3 – Monthly housing inventory in February 2018.
- 880 Active home listings on the market in February 2018.
Quick Stats for February 2018 –New Construction Properties
- 205 – Homes sold, 27.3 percent more than February 2017.
- $323,499 – Median price for homes, 5.1 percent more than February 2017.
- 4.0 – Monthly housing inventory in February 2018.
- 944 Active home listings on the market in February 2018.
“The best investment on earth, is earth” Reviel quoted. “Buyers and Sellers who are heading into the spring selling season, need to be working with a knowledgeable Williamson County REALTOR® that can guide them through the home buying and selling process and help them achieve their individual and unique home goals,”
About the data in this report
Certain information contained herein is derived from MLS listing data provided by Austin/Central Texas Realty Information Service as well as the Central Texas Multiple Listing Service through the Texas REALTOR® Data Relevance Project, a partnership among local REALTOR® associations and their MLSs, the Real Estate Center at Texas A&M and the Texas Association of REALTORS®.