Fritz Park is the largest park in Hutto and includes pavilion and picnic sites, basketball and sand volleyball courts, horseshoe pits, reflection pond, and a hiking and bike trail!
A new plan for Fritz Park was designed and finished in December of 2015. The Fritz Park Plan integrates pedestrian mobility, safety and additional parking into the new design for the park improvements.
Elements of the Design:
- An internal crushed granite trail that would connect to the existing concrete trail that runs along Cottonwood Creek.
- Additional parking lot along Park Street which will serve as the primary parking for events at Old Hippo Stadium and Holmstrom Field.
- Each of the fields will have a cosmetic change to resemble specific time period. Holmstrom Field will resemble a 1930s/40s; Old Hippo Stadium will throw back to the 1950s/60s era.
- A new shared use concession stand and restroom facility as well as handicapped parking, a loading/unloading zone for player drop off.
- A new playground that will be located between the fields for ease of use and parental viewing during events.
The picture above is an overlay image of the new parking lot new concession stand & playgroud, and the changes to Holmstrom Field and Old Hippos Stadium. The project is estimated to be completed in February 2017.