WC Life

Kenney’s Fort Historical Marker

Kenney’s Fort Historical Marker
Share:
  • Share this on Facebook
  • Tweet this
  • Pin this
  • Share this on LinkedIn
  • Share this on Google+

Dr. Thomas Kenney came to Brushy Creek in 1839 and built a fort. This was the first permanent settlement in what would become Williamson County nine years later. Kenney was befriended by the Native Americans, but was later killed by them in 1844. Kenney’s Fort was the first permanent settlement in Round Rock and consisted of four log cabins with port holes on the exposed sides, and was enclosed with a pocket stockade of logs about 8 feet high and wide strong gates on the East and West.

Address

Kenney’s Fort Historical Marker
2600 East Palm Valley
Round Rock, TX 78665

Contact

Related Listings

There are no related listings.

Considering Relocating?

Connect with Us